Back to School Night Back to School Night is an opportunity for parents to come and see what their children have been doing in school. There will be a time to meet in your child’s classroom with their teachers and then there will be a wonderful presentation of pictures of the children at work! Below are some of the handouts available on these nights:
Books play an important role in children’s development and growth. Finding opportunities in each day to read, let children explore books, or visit a library help to enrich children’s lives. We have gathered a few resources below to help.
Things to Do
Looking for a place to go or something fun to do with the family? You’re in luck, we’ve gathered some wonderful resources for all the great activities available in the tri-state area.
- Westchester Parent: This site has a great event search for anything going on in Westchester.
- Time Out New York, KIDS: Similar to Westchester Parent, this site compiles all the great events going on around NYC for kids.
- The American Museum of Natural History
- Brooklyn Children’s Museum: 145 Brooklyn Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11213
- Childrens Museum of the Arts
- Childrens Museum of Manhattan
- Hudson River Museum: 511 Warburton Ave., Yonkers. 963-4550.
- Katonah Museum: 134 Jay St., Rte. 22, Katonah. 232-9555
- Neuberger Museum of Art: Purchase College, 735 Anderson Hill Rd., Purchase. 251-6101
- New York Hall of Science
- Stepping Stones Children Museum: 303 West Ave., Norwalk, Conn. 203-899-0606
- The Bruce Museum: One Museum Dr., Greenwich Conn. 203-869-0376.
- The Children’s Museum: 950 Trout Brook Dr., West Hartford, Conn. 860-231-2824
Area Nature Spots
- Bronx Zoo: 2300 Southern Boulevard, Bronx. 718-367-1010
- Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo: 1875 Noble Ave., Bridgeport, Conn. 203-394-6569 .
- Greenburgh Nature Center: 99 Dromore Rd., Scarsdale. 723-3470
- Maritime Aquarium: 10 North Water St., Norwalk, Conn. 203-853-0700
- Queens Zoo: 5351 111th St., Flushing. 718-271-1500
- Stamford Museum and Nature Center: 39 Scofieldtown Rd., Stamford, Conn. 203-322-1646
- Teatown Lake Reservation: 1600 Spring Valley Rd., Ossining. 762-2912
- The New York Botanical Garden: Bronx River Pkwy. at Fordham Rd., Bronx. 718-817-8700
Below are links to many useful websites for parents and children: